We are currently recruiting a Deputy Head of Inclusion to join our team from September 2021.
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it’s a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale. With most of our leaders coming from within the GEMS network of schools, GEMS teachers are in a unique position to consider career opportunities across the world.
As well as being a great place to work; Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Dubai enjoy an exciting lifestyle, with opportunities for new and exciting leisure activities and travel across the region and further afield!
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee the teaching and support of our SEND students across the school
- Assist the inclusion and ELL teams
- Monitor and report SEND students progress
- Liaise with all stakeholders including, parents, external therapists and external providers
- Manage the inclusion register and associated documents to ensure accuracy and transparency
- Work with admissions team and senior leaders to ensure all prospective students are accurately assessed prior to entry
To be considered, you will require
- A Bachelors Degree and a certified teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE or equivalent
- A SEND/leadership qualification, ideally this would include SENCO