At Al Khaleej National School, we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced High School Career Counselor to join the High School faculty from August '21.
The successful applicant will be excited to join our world-class school and driven to provide education support at an exceptional level. GEMS Educators enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct tertiary education surveys to understand student’s college/career preferences
- Support students with competitive and standardized exam preparation by driving relevant programs during the academic year
- Design and deliver programs to encourage students to take up internships and understand how the Career Services department can facilitate the transition to preferred universities
- Conduct meetings with parents and students to provide support and assistance with college planning and applications
- Organize and host various career-related events such as college fairs & information sessions, workshops covering admissions procedures and requirement guidelines as required when applying to various global universities, colleges and institutes
- Establish relevant networks within the UAE, facilitate student internship and volunteering opportunities for all applicable grades across the school
- Coach and prep students in preparation for internship placements opportunities
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A Bachelors Degree in Psychology with a certification/specialization in Counseling
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Career-related Counseling in an international school setting, ideally within an American Curriculum School
- Mature professionalism, a developed Emotional and Social Quotient and have a demonstrable track record of building strong interpersonal relationships with relevant stakeholders
- The experience, personality and educational philosophy to drive further, the education agenda at this GEMS school with an international student body
- The desire to provide outstanding support, teaching and learning