We are looking for a SENCO to join our team at GEMS Wellington Academy, Sillicon Oasis from September 2021.
The successful candidate will be an experienced SENCO who is excited to join our world-class school and who is driven to provide educational support at an exceptional level. GEMS staff enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
You will be responsible for providing strategic direction and development of provision for SEN students, monitoring the impact of teaching and learning activities on the progress made by SEN students, supporting the development of high achieving classrooms which support and foster the achievement of all pupils, leading in maintaining/establishing the whole school’s culture and ethos and providing strategies to support SEN students to meet our high expectations in the area of behaviour for learning as well as contributing to the effective working of the school.
The successful candidate will have:
- Solid and demonstratable experience within a SENCO position or as an SEN teacher within a high performing department
- A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent (PGCE/PGDE must be accompanied by a subject relevant Bachelor’s Degree;
- National Award for SEND co-ordination
- Masters in Inclusion
- Additional qualification or specialism within SEN support
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- An aspiration to work in a world-class school with real prospects for enhancing their career