About the Role
GEMS Education is the leading provider of high quality education across the UAE, with just over 45 schools in the region, our schools aim to be the best. We are working towards all of our schools being rated as ‘outstanding’ by the Ministry Inspection and to continue beyond ‘outstanding’ to ‘Centre’s of Excellence’.
We are seeking to appoint a highly qualified and experienced leader of SEND/Inclusion strategy, ideally someone who has worked across multiple schools and/or as a local authority/district lead. As Corporate Head of Inclusion you will play an instrumental role in the development and implementation of our strategy for Inclusion across our schools. Using the Dubai Inclusive Education Framework as a standard our schools will be fully inclusive and compliant in all areas.
The accountabilities for the role include:
• Providing leadership and direction on Inclusion and SEND strategy for all schools, working in conjunction with the education cluster leads.
• Responsibility for relevant SEND strategy and related development and action plans for schools in line with the Inclusion Framework, including a monitoring plan.
• Providing strategic direction, develop and disseminate all policies and protocols ensuring that GEMS is at the forefront of best practice and leads on Inclusion.
• Supporting the improvement of student outcomes and narrow the student attainment gap for all (identified) students, across all phases, ensuring students fulfil their highest potential.
• Co-constructing a systematic and consistent approach to the collation and analysis of Inclusion data and a rigorous monitoring of attainment and progress ensuring appropriate intervention and action where necessary.
• Building the capability and infrastructure of the schools to meet current and future challenges around inclusion and SEND.
• Leading CPD, briefings, projects and activities for Principals, SENCo network and individual schools where appropriate.
As Corporate Head of Inclusion you will:
- Be a highly successful and proven Inclusion/SEND leader in a Multi Academy Trust, Local Authority or across multiple schools, with a track record of educational excellence and tangible outcomes.
- Be educated to degree level with additional qualifications in the field of SEND/Inclusion.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills that will enable you to motivate and inspire your colleagues and develop productive relationships at all levels.
- Be a passionate educator and have a recent working knowledge of SEND and Inclusion practice at the highest level, keeping up to date professionally and educationally.
- Have the ability to maintain emotional equilibrium in light of professional pressures and deadlines.
Some International experience or exposure would be helpful but is not essential. An openness to quickly understand and embrace the culture and opportunities that working in a diverse international company brings, is essential.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to join a company that is changing the landscape of education… Do you have what it takes to make a truly global impact?
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including a competitive tax free salary, accommodation, school tuition fee concessions, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of service gratuity.
- About GEMS
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.