As one of the leading schools in the Middle East, Jumeirah College is the first-choice school for many families. The school has recently been awarded ‘World Class School’ status by the High-Performance Learning network and is a member of HMC, BSME, and COBIS. Jumeirah College has also formed a recent partnership with ArtsEd International to enable the further development of creativity across the curriculum. The success of the school has been repeatedly recognized with Jumeirah College being nominated for a series of awards, including being shortlisted as ‘International School of the Year’ by the TES.
We are recruiting for a dynamic and enthusiastic Admissions Assistant. The Front of House team is responsible for delivering outstanding customer service, maintaining strong communication with parents, handling queries, and being the liaison between other school personnel.
This appointment is for July 2021 start.
The successful candidate must have:
- Respond and manage inquiries in a friendly and timely manner– telephone/email/walk-ins
- Keeping accurate records of the students/parent admissions
- Manage the appointment diary with the Front of House Team
- Represent the school in a professional, confident, and friendly way at all times
- Tour prospective families on individual or occasionally group tours
- Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the National curriculum and school day to appropriately respond to parent inquiries
- Regular liaison with academic staff to review their requirements from the Admissions Department
- Assisting families with applications
- Co-ordinating and arranging Assessments in liaison with Registrar
- Reviewing and evaluating assessment results with the Registrar on Accept/Waitlist/Reject
- Dealing professionally and sensitively with Rejections and providing families with feedback
- Meeting with Head of Inclusion to review applicants with SEND requirement
- Assisting the Registrar in promoting the school to meet recruitment targets for each year group
- Reporting on KPI data when necessary
- Support the wider Administration Team with ad hoc duties as and when required
- Generally, be supportive, personable, and friendly in the office environment
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken.
To be considered for this position, you must:
• Educated to Degree preferred or its equivalent
• Experience in School Management Systems preferred but not essential
• Experience in Secondary Admissions preferred but not essential
• Native English speaker
• Should have excellent ICT skills and should be proficient in MS Office
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent Inter-personal skills
• Able to prioritize tasks, use time effectively and work to tight schedules
• Should be self-driven and confident
• Should have a positive personality with lots of energy
Please note you MUST have your own visa arrangements as this is a local contract.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.