- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- In conjunction with School Operations Manager, develop a system for cleaning, repair and maintenance of school facilities, both during term time and over school holidays for major operations.
- Coordinate all building maintenance issues ensuring that safety and security systems are in place and maintained according to the Preventive Maintenance Schedule and that the water, sanitation and electrical systems are safe and meet relevant Ministry Regulations.
- Assess the current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment, ensuring regular maintenance and service schedules are followed.Liaise with procurement team to consolidate all annual maintenance contracts and maintain the expected quality from all suppliers.
- In conjunction with the School Operations Manager, coordinate and supervise, where appropriate, the allocation of work, and formulation of work schedules of ancillary employees and sub-contractor personnel to ensure adequate coverage at all times.
- Supervise the day to day operations of the allocated support staff accommodation facility ensuring that residents’ welfare is maintained at all times and that all legal, HSE and related policies are adhered to thereby providing a safe and secure environment for the residents.
- Be on call for staff and campus emergencies.
- Receive all repair and maintenance requests from staff relating to the school building, staff housing and campus facilities in general.Prioritize and coordinate work schedules to a high level of efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate the school’s transportation requirements to ensure that all students and employees are transported to and from the school in a safe and effective manner.Supervise the STS school representative and transport foreman to ensure the provision of a high level of service to parents.
- To support the school admin team in improving the adherence to the GEMS school policies on procurement.Advise disposal / condemnation of old / unused assets in a timely manner and in line with the assets disposal policy, and encourage procurement automation system and support to implement the system in GEMS at the earliest possible.
- Assist and co-ordinate through the School Operations Manager to ensure that health, safety and hygiene mechanisms are effective so as to provide a safe environment for students. The guide lines from government authorities with regards to health and safety are to be effectively communicated to schools and ensure the schools follow it without fail.
- Implement all Emergency programs; ensure all equipment is maintained, conduct inspection and drills, ensure compliance with codes and regulations, and train all employees to ensure a safe environment which protect company assets and personnel.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors.