As the first contact person in the GEMS Parent Experience Centre, the Admission Consultant will relate courteously with visitors and welcome them. All enquiries will be dealt with knowledgeably and efficiently whilst maintaining a high level of customer service. In this position the Admission Consultant will develop prospects through inbound lead follow up and outbound calls and emails.
- Provide accurate and comprehensive information about the schools, including the curriculum, education level and tuition fees.
- Guide and assist parents through the student registration and admission process.
- Manage telephone calls and enquiries courteously and direct calls to appropriate school personnel, using the School Referral System.
- Drive enrolments by promoting GEMS focus schools and other GEMS value-added services to prospective parents through conducting out bound calls.
- Provide information in regards to school programs, events, activities, and arrange school tours when required.
- Maintain database systems of all visitors and call to the GEMS Parent Experience Centre, plus referrals to schools.
- Work well in a team environment and initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Conduct market research of the marketplace and of the company’s competitors through mystery calls, visits and via social networking sites.
- Identify and coordinate events to engage and promote GEMS schools to parents, relocation agencies and the wider community.
- Handle communication with fee defaulters from corporate level when they approach SSC, and/ or when schools escalate
- Promptly respond to and resolve customer queries and complaints to ensure good
customer relations and promote a friendly and efficient service
- Complete tasks assigned as and when required by the management team. Ensure reception working areas are presentable and clean at all times.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedure and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
Qualifications in telephone operator’s practices, fax and telephone exchange systems
Proficient secretarial skills, and extensive experience with Word, Excel & Powerpoint
Job Specific Knowledge and Skills:
Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
Exceptional English skills, both verbal and written
Excellent time management and organisational skills
Must enjoy public contact and dealing with customers face to face
- Ability to answer enquiries thoroughly and accurately