The Winchester School, Jebel Ali, are recruiting an experienced and dedicated whole school Vice Principal to join for academic year beginning 2021- 2022. The successful candidate will support the Principal in achieving the school’s ambitious and exciting vision.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support leading the school through its next stage of development and make a valuable contribution to its future successes.
As Vice Principal, you can expect to work with passionate and dedicated staff, provide for truly international minded students who have a thirst for learning, and engage with highly aspirational and supportive parents.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a an inspirational educator who supports an inclusive learning environment, with the ability to raise standards for all students
• Have had successful experiences of leading and managing staff resulting in improved learning and student outcomes
• Have very high standards and expectations for all, with excellence as the primary goal
• Be strategic and considerate in their actions with a proven track record in school improvement and self-evaluation processes
• Be a clear communicator and convey the school vision to key stakeholders, inspiring and motivating them to become an integral part of the process
• Be someone who is visible within the school community, with presence and exudes gravitas both in their appearance and in actions
• Believe in collaborative and distributed leadership, seeing value in the coaching and mentoring of colleagues to maximize potential and impact
• Believe strongly in and fully support the wider co-curricular life of the school to develop fully rounded students.
Qualifications: Degree from a recognized University along with a teaching qualification such a Bachelor of Education/ PGCE or equivalent.
We know that when it comes to being a great place to work, it helps to make sure our people feel valued; GEMS prides itself on providing staff with the opportunity to grow and develop within the organisation. You will be able to access and contribute to our world class Professional Development and Leadership Programmes as well as work with our internationally recognised GEMS advisors who are leading experts in their field.
Please note, applications will be reviewed as and when they are submitted, early applications are encouraged.
Please include a cover letter or document to outline the below:
- suitability for the role based on experience to date
- educational and leadership ethos
- evidence of impact of your leadership on improving student outcomes