We, at GEMS International School, are looking for a qualified and experienced IB Middle Years Student Counselor to join us in August '21. If you are excited to join one of our world-class schools and are driven to provide education at an exceptional level this may be the ideal role for you. At GEMS International School, teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students. We welcome applications from teachers who are excited to join our world-class school and are driven to provide education at an exceptional level. GEMS International School teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree level qualification in Counseling or Psychology and a specialization in school-based counseling. Augmenting school counseling certifications and licenses are beneficial
- Solid and demonstrable counseling experience of at least 3 years, supporting students with diverse backgrounds, ideally within an IB curriculum school, however, this is not mandatory
- History of successful partnering with Admin (SLT) and other relevant stakeholders
- Knowledge of advisory or character programmes
- Resilient and agile decision making skills to ensure successful design and implementation of programs that meet school and student body requirements to help students achieve success in all aspects of their life
- Superior interpersonal skills that reflect patience, tolerance, sensitivity, empathy and enthusiasm for working with students, parents and school staff in a multicultural and international setting
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
If interested and you meet requirements, we welcome your application. Please clarify if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject and year groups they are qualified to teach in your cover letter.