We are looking for a School Nurse to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the health, hygiene and wellbeing of students and staff of the school, in compliance with regulations and rulings of the Ministry of Health. Ensure that students and parents adhere to, and are well informed of immunization programs as per Ministry of Health guidelines.
- Monitor the maintenance of cleanliness and hygiene within the school, particularly in areas such as the cafeteria, washrooms and swimming pools.
- Be available to students and staff to address their immediate medical needs, providing a source of medical advice.
- Maintain comprehensive medical records of all students as regulated by the Ministry of Health.
- Establish procedures for providing first aid in cases of accidents or illness on the school campus or during school functions.
- Refer accidents or illness appropriately to the school doctor or hospitals, and inform parents and the school Principal.
- Be present for all student related activities on campus.
- Keep up to date with current medical practices and regulations, as prescribed by Governmental authorities.
Qualifications and knowledge:
Recognized and approved BSc Nursing or 3 year General Nursing Certificate, preferably with a Ministry of Health license. Current, up-to-date knowledge of worldwide medical and healthcare practices.
Excellent English language skills including reading, writing, speaking and listening. Positive interpersonal and communication skills.
The ability to remain calm in cases of emergency and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times. A logical and relaxed individual able to interact with a variety of people from different backgrounds and cultures.
A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar position.