- Organize and co-ordinate all medical examinations of students as required by the Ministry of Health.
- Maintain and update files on all students.
- Liaise with the designated school doctors and organize medicals for students in accordance with DHA regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure that the school meets the requirements as stipulated by the DHA.
- Ensure that high standards of safety and hygiene are maintained throughout the school.
- Refer accidents or illness appropriately to hospitals and inform parents and the SLT line manager.
- Notify parents regarding vaccinations required, maintain Hasana register.
- Identify all communicable diseases and notify DHA.
- Ensure that all Medical Room supplies are appropriate and available.
- Responsible for ordering all consumables.
- Be present in the school for all student related activities.
- To maintain an accident report file on internal HSE system.
- Participate and support teaching staff in Health Education.
- To provide up to date information to students on health issues of a general nature.
- Compile and submit monthly school health statistics.
- Liaise with parents and staff concerning specific health problems of children and organize necessary transport for sick/injured students to hospital.
- To be fully up to date on current health trends and treatments.
- To be an integral part of the school community and support school events both off and on site
- Maintain the sick bay as a child friendly area.
· To follow and maintain all COVID-19 related government regulations within the clinic and isolation rooms
· Triage each student that presents at the clinic to rule out potential COVID-19 symptoms
· Isolate potential cases, adhering to DHA COVID-19 guidelines
· Maintain continuous communication with parents via e-mail and phone for follow-up of COVID-19 PCR test results
· Assist MSO and School Doctor in track/trace of any close-contacts of positive cases, as defined by the DHA
· Ensure appropriate PPE is maintained at all times
· Assist all staff in ensuring social distancing of students, correct mask wearing, etc.
· Ensure medical documentation is provided by staff and also parents for any students with conditions that mimic COVID-19 symptoms