We are recruiting the Senior Vice President of the Dubai based TELLAL Institute to join our team.
Through its partnership with GEMS Education, TELLAL Institute operates on a global scale, with a network of more than 11,000 teachers and leaders assigned to more than 70 schools in 14 different countries.
The role of SVP is an all-encompassing role responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the Institute and the delivery of the annual strategic training and business plan to internal (existing GEMS education staff) and external (particularly B2G) clients.
TELLAL is an approved training provider both in Dubai and the UK with a range of pre-service and in-service training programmes to promote educational excellence, open to all teachers and leaders both within the GEMS network and externally. Courses are delivered online, blended and face-to-face to give all teachers and leaders access to professional learning and development throughout their career.
The role requires an individual to be an educationalist and to have eminence within the field of professional learning and teacher and/ or leadership development. The SVP TELLAL must also have experience of developing and delivering professional development programs in a commercial context.
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting, and delivering against, the annual strategic training and business plan;
- Delivering against the internal professional development needs of over 7500 internal professional education staff;
- Developing new professional development propositions and taking them to the internal and external market;
- Leading the delivery of the business development plan;
- Client management and being accountable for the delivery of professional development programs;
- TELLAL staff recruitment, leadership and development;
- Being the ambassador of TELLAL to the internal and external market and developing eminence, marketing and thought leadership materials; and
- Ensuring the provision of high quality programs.
To be considered for this role, applicants should have the following:
Minimum Expected Qualifications:
- 15 years + experience of developing, selling and delivering accredited professional learning programmes for education staff
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in an education leadership capacity with the ability to lead across different markets and propositions
- Excellent organisational, financial management and administrative skills
- A good understanding of the strategies required to maintain and enhance TELLAL's income stream from consultancy and the external market
- Deep experience of selling into government
- Ability to lead and motivate. Excellent team working leadership, team building and team working skills
- Ability to act as a role model to staff working in and with TELLAL
- Ability to develop in staff the skills, leadership and administrative roles required to sustain TELLAL
- Inspired, curiosity-led approach to research, teaching and enterprise
- Active approach to personal, professional development, scholarship, learning, training and enterprise
- Experience of working with a range of external agencies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to foster collaboration amongst a diverse and multi-partnership initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally in public presentations and in writing
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate and work well as part of a team
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to lead TELLAL then we welcome your application.
In addition to an up-to-date CV, please include a covering letter detailing a recent position wherein you have had the opportunity to demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined above.