We are looking for a creative marketing professional who is experienced in Web Content Management and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to be part of our talented team at GEMS Education. This is a technical role and best suited for those who have the right skills and experience.
- Execute activities to significantly improve the web content and presentation of key messages across all websites, in order to increase visitor engagement and inquiry generation.
- Execute the company’s entire Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy and tactics to improve our websites’ SEO ranking and the influx of Organic traffic. This includes actively monitoring performance metrics, identifying and implementing on-page SEO enhancements.
- Write new content (articles, copy, micro-copy) or modify existing content where necessary for the improvement of website engagement rates, ensuring this content is in line with GEMS Education's content guidelines and quality.
- Support the Digital team to conduct IA, content, and UX/UI research in order to set content and design benchmarks for our websites.
- Constantly implement new technical improvements on our websites through no-code and low-code development and system configuration in Sitecore, including but not limited to design modifications, support for new content types and styles and API integrations with other platforms (Zapier, Ad platforms, Salesforce).
- Implement large-scale rollouts of new website content (both centralized and distributed) across multiple websites/webpages as required by larger marketing initiatives, including landing pages for paid digital (SEM) campaigns.
- Liaise with school stakeholders to help them keep their own websites up to date and in line with the GEMS web content strategy, and support them when necessary in the content creation and content entry process
- Support in the training of school stakeholders on the website content strategy and on the usage of the content management system.
- SEO Plan: Technical SEO, Editorial SEO, Inbound SEO, Monitoring
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Marketing / Digital Marketing, or related fields.
- Experience with web content management systems, SEO, digital marketing
- Hands-on experience with Sitecore or similar enterprise-grade WCM systems is a plus
- Must be knowledgeable with HTML / CSS / JS fundamentals and coding
- Must be comfortable with Photoshop or similar photo-editing tools
- Confident with Microsoft Office tools
- Real interest in Digital Marketing, Web Publishing, Website Management, Content Management, Content Editing, Copywriting, SEO
- A minimum of 2 years experience as digital marketing/web editing/webmaster/web content professional
- Must have excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Must have excellent writing skills in English
- Web copywriting and/or editing skills or experience are a big plus
- Arabic language skills are a big plus
- Must be personable, resilient, and able to confidently interact with multiple stakeholders to get things done.