We are looking to appoint an outstanding and experienced Teaching Assistant for our High School Design Technology department with immediate join.
The Teaching Assistant will support the Design Technology Teacher with a wide range of tasks on a regular basis.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Becoming proficient in the use of (CAD) Autodesk Fusion 360, and 2D design, computer software programmes.
- Monitor and maintain the use of CAM machines such as the laser cutter and 3D printers etc.
- Undertake general classroom maintenance as required such as displays etc.
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of required components.
- Assisting with the preparation of curriculum documents, running small group activities inside or outside and preparing the classroom activities and supporting documents, assisting with the ordering and distribution of resources.
- You will cover a class for short periods of time and develop familiarity with relevant aspects of the curriculum e.g. IB Design Technology and equipment used in the Design Technology classroom.
- You will hold a subject-specific degree (design technology/engineering or similar).
- Good level of general education, CAD (computer-aided design) and IT.
- Knowledge in Health and safety training using DT equipment and machinery to manufacture products.
- Previous experience in some form of practical subject (woodwork/metalwork)/profession and as a teaching assistant or working with children.
- Able to handle a range of tasks, work under pressure and relate well to children and colleagues
- Strong communication skills with an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Computer-literate and can multitask.