Strategic planning and development
- Direct the definition of fair and competitive compensation levels and employee benefits programmes,based on market research and the analysis of pay trends to ensure that GEMS Education is able to attract, engage and retain valued employees while ensuring internal and external equity in reward practices.
- Develop salary ranges for current and new positions;
- Design and develop reward strategy for Schools and Corporate – (develop Reward Policy, incentive plans – short and long Term, for Corporate and Schools)
- Lead and project manage the annual benchmarking survey participation, collate data and present outcome to senior management and HR colleagues. Translate the findings to key action points.
- Develop and administer benefits and rewards policies and procedures that are competent and relevant to the company values, industry standards and global best practices, ensuring they are fit for purpose, compliant and communicated appropriately.
Compensation & Benefits advisory
- Rewards & Development of an Incentive Scheme: direct and ensure that the GEMS rewards programs are developed and administered to attract, motivate and retain high quality people and meet the objectives of GEMS. Create reward programs to promote employee recruitment and retention.
- Be a strong advocate of GEMS total reward philosophy and practices. Advise and educate line managers on all reward aspects, including policy, practices and program interpretation and communication, recommend reward solutions for talent attraction, motivation, reward and retention.
- Assist with the launch and rollout of Compensation and Benefits Global processes/initiatives, ensuring proper communication with local HR community.
- Conduct market competitiveness review and analysis. Provide market-pricing and salary recommendations for high potential, high risk role holders. Manage annual Salary Surveys across MENASA and ensure endorsement and implementation together with HR in location of proper policy and pay reviews.
- Provide advice to local HR on interpretations of compensation policies and practices.
- Manage the merit planning process for Corporate. This includes design merit grid and propose template to capture the merit proposal, promotion, bonus and other compensation changes.
- Assist with the execution of pay and policy reviews, design of compensation packages and other related compensation and benefits projects across MENASA.
- Provide cost impact analysis for all compensation changes.
- Responsible for the data quality/integrity of remuneration and benefits processes.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to benefit programs. Oversee compensation structure to align the company with the markets and the business enabling successful recruitment, retention and recognition of all employees. Direct the administration of benefit programs. Manage the monthly compensation and benefit meetings.
Salary and Benefits Administration
- Timely preparation to adopt a mechanism whereby the proposal meets the business needs in order to stay competitive with the market
- Analyse information from benchmarking exercises and compare information against internal practices. Make recommendations for structural change or adjustments to market positioning and overall levels for constituent parts of the reward package.
- Continuously assess and evaluate the costs and benefits of the reward and recognition package and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Discuss with divisional leaders and identify the common C&B issues at regular intervals. Address the same to the VPHR and make recommendations based on market benchmarking/internal equity.
- Develop communications to support the roll-out of annual programmes consistent with the overall performance and reward philosophy to reinforce messages.
- Communicate the final approved salary increases to all schools and be responsible for all the queries which are related to salary increases/Budget.
- Upskill Schools HR on the C&B process and guidelines
- Upskill the divisional heads in Corporate (including C&B committee members) – act as subject expert and advise all matters related to C&B
- Train and coach managers to ensure policies are followed and risks identified. Conduct equal pay reviews to ensure compliance with legislation and internal pay policies.