The Student Employment Manager will work closely with the Communications Team and the Education Team to support the delivery of a world-leading student employment program for GEMS MENASA schools.
The role will focus on the three key areas:
- Partnerships – Building our network of industry, corporate partners, and employers so we can align work placement with the needs of GEMS students
- Student Employment – Ensuring our schools are equipped with appropriate tools to oversee employment opportunities and career-related experiences that will, in turn, empower their students to understand their strengths, passions, and career goals; and have the knowledge and understanding to make decisions about their future
- Alumni – Overseeing professional experiences in relation to Alumni and helping grow the alumni network through attractive employment enhancing opportunities and maximising industry links.
- Ensure GEMS students are well prepared with the skills and tools required for the workforce and they have employment opportunities available for them.
- Work closely with the Corporate Heads of Departments, School Clusters across our region and School Local Advisory Boards, and subsequently, our global network who have frequent contact with industry to develop and implement their strategies for Student Employment Services at GEMS.
- Oversee the corporate partnering processes and ensure schools are supported with toolkits and resources to provide tangible results for their students
- Oversee the success of the GEMS Employment services and ensure the correct tools and resources are used at our schools to give GEMS students the best career insights and professional experiences
- Ensure students have clear engagement platforms to explore employment opportunities
- Lead schools on centralising processes for reporting and measuring the success of Student Employment through providing key deliverables and reporting around employment opportunities
- Build and maintain a broad, global network of suitable industry partners offering exclusive employment opportunities for GEMS students – identifying new partnerships across multiple sectors
- Implement the Student Employment Services partnership strategy for GEMS Education that aligns and complements existing programs such as MyPathToUni, Alumni and UniConnect
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of industry contacts locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally; maintain regular communication and efficient execution via direct contact, newsletter, opportunities to participate in events
- Work with industry and education stakeholders to create industry relationships that complement and enhance our Student Employment Strategy
- Oversee accurate and complete Student Employment industry database records, website, and directories accessible to schools
Website, Social Media & Internal Relations
- Oversee the Student Employment content on the MPTU platform ensuring it remains relevant and engaging for students and industry partners
- Effectively engage with appropriate GEMS channels, such as parents, counsellors, and students with clear messages on Student Employment opportunities through GEMS schools
- Act as custodian of Student Employment communication and publicity, including print and online publications targeted at GEMS students
- Maintain digital communication (social media, email, newsletters) with relevant internal channels
- Host Student Employment events annually for our Student Employment Partners, students, and parents
- Host student employment fairs events annually with employer partners and prospects
- Create engagement opportunities and campaigns with the industries and alumni and link these in with the existing GEMS initiatives (mentorship, scholarships, rewards)
Systems & Process
- Working collaboratively with the IT team and school champions to develop and improve systems and processes on Student Employment programmes.
- Encourage and support academic and other departments in undertaking events and communications which will promote good student employment, alumni, and university partner relations
- Significant experience in identifying and maintaining corporate relationships, preferably in sales and business development, account management
- Experience in delivering strategic plans and accountability for implementing them across a large organisation
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills - especially to corporate partners
- Outstanding interpersonal skills: with the proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of corporates and industry-partners
- The ability to motivate and oversee school employment champions to act as ambassadors on behalf of GEMS
- Strong project management skills