The Alumni Manager will work closely in the Communications team to support the GEMS MENASA schools develop strong alumni associations across the network as part of the GEMS For Life programme.
They will be responsible for implementing the GEMS For Life strategy and foster excellent alumni relations that will build and strengthen relationships between the schools and its community of graduates, friends, students, and businesses to maximise alumni interest and engagement with GEMS.
- Cultivate relationships with alumni to further their connection to GEMS and increase awareness of the alumni association’s mission
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical, and career information of alumni via surveys and projects centralised on the Alumni app
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally; maintain regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, alumni web pages, and print publications
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage them in programmes
- Engage with the university programme activities as part of GEMS For Life to provide valuable opportunities to alumni
- Leverage the university partnerships as part of GEMS For Life to assign GEMS alumni as university ambassadors for seniors
Social Media and Media relations
- Be the custodian of alumni communication and publicity, including print and online publications targeted at alumni.
- Maintain digital communication (social media, email, newsletters) with alumni.
- Actively curate user-generated content for the app as well and social media channels
- Develop and implement external PR campaigns in collaboration with the Communications and Marketing teams
- Convert engagement and leads from social media and existing databases to the central database on the app
- Create engagement strategies and campaigns with the alumni and link these in with existing GEMS For Life initiatives (mentorship, scholarships, rewards)
- Represent the GEMS For Life Alumni Programme at different events and settings e.g. university fairs and schools
- Facilitate establishment and organisation of Alumni Chapters globally or within focused industries in collaboration with UniConnect efforts
- Working collaboratively with the IT team to develop and improve systems and processes on Alumni app & scholarship programmes.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Attend project/staff training and events when relevant.
- Encourage and support academic and other departments in undertaking events and communications which will promote good alumni relations
- Work closely with the Legal team to ensure that data protection laws are adhered to at all times
- Work closely with the Child Safeguarding and Protection team to ensure alumni activities (both on the app and other) adhere with regulations at all times.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- A university graduate preferably with a relevant degree.
- Significant experience in an alumni relations, public relations, education, or similar role
- Experience in delivering and contributing to strategic plans and implementing across a large organisation
- Project management experience
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Strong analytical, IT and administrative skills
- Ability to solve problems efficiently and effectively
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Proactive and optimistic
- Ability to remain calm and effective under pressure
- Willing to support colleagues and work in a team