We are looking for qualified and experienced Middle School Robotics/Innovation Activator who is excited to join our world class school and is driven to provide education at an exceptional level. GEMS teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students. The Middle School at Dubai American Academy is a fast-paced and large learning environment. Our vision is for student learning to be inquiry-based, transdisciplinary, meaningful and authentic. As a division we value the co-creation of our learning and systems and we strive to develop a learning eco-system amongst all educational stakeholders.
The role would include 1/2 Robotics teaching load for Grade 7-8 and 1/2 coaching role to support the use of technology and innovation across all departments in the Middle School.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A certified professional teaching qualification at degree level, such a B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent in Computer Science
- Extensive experience using various online ICT/CS teaching software
- Expertise in teaching within a hybrid/blended student learning setting
- International experience is preferable but not essential
- The experience, personality and educational philosophy to drive further, the education agenda at this flagship GEMS school with an international student body
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching, learning and coaching
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
Candidates who meet minimum requirements are welcome to apply. Please ensure to mention in your cover letter if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject they are qualified to teach.