The Manager - School Operations (MSO) will be fully responsible for effectively managing all non-education-related activities within school business operations and strive to exceed internal & external customer expectations while embracing the GEMS Core Values.
- Responsible for development, maintenance, safety, security, and cleanliness of the school building and grounds, ensuring that the site and facilities are available for School use and other users at all times.
- Responsible for organisation and delivery of administration and support services across the School ensuring efficient and effective staff deployment and, with the Principal/CEO, recruitment of well-trained and high-quality staff.
- Provide advice and strategic guidance to the Principal/CEO, Senior Leadership, and Corporate Office on financial and operational matters and be accountable for their effectiveness using robust performance management systems.
- Ensure that all staff is supported with high-quality continuous professional development and training which contributes to the development and achievements of the School.
- Support the Principal/CEO in achieving the key strategic objectives for the School through formulating and leading on specific aspects of the school improvement plan.
- Actively encourage, and lead on environmental sustainability targets across the School site.
Other duties would also include:
- Relationship / Stakeholder management
- Health, Safety & Environment
- School Operations
- Facilities Management
Expected Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent (advanced) diploma / Certificate of School Business Management / Facilities Management / NEBOSH or IOSH
- Experience in a senior-level position within a service-oriented industry