Looking for Teaching Assistants for KG & Primary to join us in the next Academic Year 2022-2023 starting August 2022.
The Teacher’s Assistant will primarily focus on the following duties and responsibilities:
- In consultation with the teacher, contribute to the delivery of Individual Learning Programs for students.
- Document interactions with students, parents and teachers where necessary.
- Attend Staff Meetings.
- Can be expected to attend a range of school activities including Sports Days, Mosque, Field Trips when needed.
- Undertake other appropriate duties as may be assigned by the AKIS Management, which promote the cohesive professional flow of information such as:
o Complete clerical tasks such as filing and photocopying
o Organisation of resources
o Conduct and record specified baseline assessments
o Digital filing systems
o Assist in the preparation of resources
o other assistance
Under the supervision and support of the classroom teachers, the Teacher’s Assistant will:
- Work with students individually or in small groups on activities under the supervision of the class teacher. This may include note-taking, scribing, clarifying teacher instructions, editing, organization of student’s learning materials and general supervision.
- Assist the students to comply with teacher instruction.
- Observe the students and draw attention of the teacher to the students when necessary.
- Prepare equipment and materials specific to the student and classroom needs in accordance with class teacher directions.
- Provide assistance during class activities, as required, to ensure maximum participation in programs.
- Report on students’ progress and difficulties during after school meetings.
- Liaise with the class teacher for relevant duties.
- Respect and understand the need for confidentiality.
- Develop an effective, positive relationship with all students in the class.
- Attend professional activities as negotiated with the school management.
- Develop a close working relationship with the teachers and teaching assistants.
- Stimulate and encourage a student’s independence and self-worth.
- Observe school rules, procedures, practices and safety aspects, treating all students and staff with respect.
Professional and productive relationships are required to exist with the:
Grade and Subject Mentors