Due to the continued success of our GEMS Founders School, we are looking to recruit an EAL Teacher for the next academic year. This role will be for a September 2022 start.
This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced teachers to take the next step in their career with a global leading company and within a world-class International School located in the heart of Dubai.
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it’s a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD programmes and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale. As part of our commitment to developing our teachers, Graduate teachers will benefit from our accreditation with British Schools Overseas and enrollment to our NQT programme; while our more experienced teachers are in a unique position to consider career opportunities across the world - especially as we expand into more and more countries. GEMS teachers are at the forefront of opportunities for growth and development; with most of our leaders coming from within the GEMS network of schools.
As well as being a great place to work, Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Dubai enjoy an exciting lifestyle, with opportunities for new and exciting leisure activities and travel across the region and further afield!
The successful applicants will have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent - if you have a PGCE or equivalent you must also hold a subject relevant degree
- A qualification in teaching English as an additional language, such as a ESL/TEFL/CELTA
- Must be able to teach students in year 4 and 5
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- The desire to provide Outstanding teaching and learning
- An aspiration to work in a world-class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
- Experience in a UK curriculum school is desirable although not essential
As a teacher at GEMS Founders School you can expect
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
- The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues