We are looking for a Physics Teacher with A Level experience to join our school in the next academic year. See below information regarding the role.
Academic and Pastoral Responsibilities:
• Delivering effective student-centred lessons in a well-planned, vibrant learning environment
• Supporting and liaising closely with middle leaders, SENCO, administrators and other teachers
• Work directly with other teachers to improve and develop skills, knowledge and pedagogy so that student outcomes are improved.
• Effective contribution to team planning
• Work directly with Section/Key Stage Leaders and Heads of Department to support the improvement of academic standards in every section of the school
• Contribute to the Quality Assurance programme for parent engagement to ensure outstanding standards in parent communication and engagement
• Be familiar with the UAE framework for teaching to ensure a minimum standard of “good” teaching in all lessons
• Use and welcome mentoring/coaching methods to develop reflective practice and encourage the use of new learning strategies
• Conduct supportive peer lesson observations and help to set up actions plans as required
• Play an active role in the teaching, learning and assessment quality assurance process as appropriate and when required
• In a school where the majority (80%) of teaching colleagues are not UK-trained, all UK-trained teachers recruited are expected to be lead practitioners and contribute to school and colleague development accordingly, sharing resources, strategies and best practice as and when appropriate
• Attend internal and external events, take part in peer reviews, and be proactive in developing own continuous professional development
• Identify areas of good practice and develop and share resources as exemplars
• Develop, promote and involve teaching staff in creative initiatives to share good practice
• Ensure that observation outcomes inform appraisal action plans
• Monitor and drive improvements in the quality of written (marking) and verbal feedback to learners
• Ensure that the curriculum is supported and underpinned by effective schemes of work and well-differentiated planning of lessons
• Ensure that all documentation supporting teaching, learning and assessment (schemes of work, lesson plans etc.) meets the standards laid down by GEMS and WSF
• Promote and model the Code of Conduct and GEMS Core Values
• Undertake other professional duties as reasonably delegated by Line Manager (LM) such as: teaching, recruitment, cover, after-school duty, ASP, MOE formalities, covering for LM when absent, inspection preparation, SEF, SDP, etc.
• Promote the school positively with community and GEMS while maintaining complete confidentiality
• Respect local culture, customs and laws
• Meet deadlines as requested by LM
• Contribute to the development of teaching and learning, focusing on pedagogy, standards and progress
• Ensure academic excellence in internal and external assessments as appropriate.
• Contribute to the professional development programme to ensure high quality learning and teaching
• Promote the school to all stakeholders and the wider community.
• Follow, support and help to develop all of the School’s aims, its vision, improvement plans, policies and practices.
The successful applicant will have the following:
• A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
• A specific qualification relating to the teaching of Physics (bachelor or master)
• The desire to provide Outstanding teaching and learning
• Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
• At least 2 years of post-qualifying experience