We are looking for an outstanding candidate to join our team in the capacity of Registrar in August 2022.
The Registrar's role involves managing student enrolment numbers to meet or exceed the school specific enrolment budget consistently throughout the academic year and ensuring all students are registered in accordance with the GEMS Enrolment Process and the specific governing body (such as KHDA).
- Meet with prospective parents to explain admission procedures, curriculum, fee structure and regulations and assist with any queries.
- Maintain an accurate record of all places available at the school and an up to date waiting list that details students who wish to be enrolled and have passed any necessary placement tests.
- Update, maintain and manage the student information Salesforce database ensuring that up to date information is available on a daily basis.
- Ensure annual enrolment processes such as the re-enrolment process, Parent School Contract and registration of students, is completed within the agreed timetable.
- Prepare reports for the School Principal/CEO and the corporate office reflecting the current enrolments, waiting lists, status of vacant seats and current conversion data. Registrars should meet regularly with the Principal/CEO and SLT of the school to discuss the reports and assist the school with student number projections.
- Maintain and create files for all new applicant, new students, current student, exiting students and alumni and complete all exit documentation for students withdrawing from the school.
- Be fully versed in all the rules and regulations of the Ministry of Education and other relevant governing bodies (SEZ, KHDA, ADEC) to ensure compliance during the admission process.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct and dotted reporting line managers/supervisors.
- A college Degree from a reputed university is desirable (BA or BSc)
- Solid time management skills - ability to multi-task and cope with peaks of demand.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office and able to utilize technology well to present facts to the management.
- Able to manage a diverse team’s performance and relationships.
- Analytical Thinking.
- A minimum two years in a customer service focused role.
- Proven success with meeting sales targets is mandatory; ability to influence the team to deliver quality results and meet sales targets consistently is critical.
- Relationship management experience – able to build and influence professional relationships with peer group as well as parental community.
- Effective communicator (written and spoken)
- Interpersonal skills, able to operate in a diverse environment.