We are currently looking for an experienced and exceptional Educational Assistant for Elementary Division to join our team in August 2022.
The Educational Assistant will support the teacher with a wide range of tasks on a regular basis. He/She will have the authority to supervise small groups of children or whole classes in emergency situations or when instructed.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to assisting with reading related activities, running small group activities inside or outside and preparing the classroom activities and the supporting documents. You will cover class for short periods of time and develop familiarity with relevant aspects of the curriculum including literacy, numeracy and phonetics.
Qualification and Knowledge
- Knowledge of strategies which support positive behavior to meet school expectations.
- Support ethos of the learning environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, parents and colleagues.
- To contribute purposefully to the team.
- Able to handle a range of tasks, work under pressure and relate well to students and colleagues.
- Competent Literacy, Numeracy and IT skills at the required level.
- Excellent written/spoken English language skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills to aid in daily contact with a diverse multi-cultural population.
- Ability to multi-task and withstand interruptions to best serve community needs.
- Previous experience as a teaching assistant or working with children preferred.
- Attested Degree/ College certificates