GEMS American Academy Abu Dhabi is looking for qualified and experienced Middle/High or IB MYP School English Language Learner (ELL) or Learning Support (LS) Teachers who are excited to join our distinguished school and are driven to provide education at an exceptional level. This is a fantastic opportunity to start or continue an international career with a leading global company and world class international school located in the capital of the UAE, Abu Dhabi, for the new academic year '22-23.
Our education philosophy is to provide each student with a holistic, inquiry based, engaging program of studies. GAA aims to prepare students to be internationally minded citizens who take action and contribute positively to their community and world. Our blend of American and International Baccalaureate programmes offers students opportunities to graduate with US and IB Diplomas. Our teachers enjoy an outstanding, state of the art school facility and environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to a highly motivated international student body. We are proud to be an IB World School offering the Middle Years Programme (IBMYP) and Diploma Programme (IBDP) accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC); guided by the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK).
The successful candidate will be an experienced American Curriculum (Common Core) and IB MYP level teacher who is excited to join our world class school and is driven to provide education at an exceptional level. GEMS teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
- English Language Learning support for students through High School
- Key supporter of the Teacher/ Lead Practitioner in ensuring ELL student progression and development through the provision of extra 1-1 sessions, tailoring curriculum/unit delivery, etc.
- Recording and reporting progress, areas of concern and achievements about supported students with relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- Work closely with various Learning Support teams across the school to promote GAA's principals and continuously improve its ELL students learning capabilities and academic English language standards
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years of solid and demonstrable experience as an ELL/LS teacher within a high performing department
- Familiarity with standards-based grading, the American curriculum, and have worked with co-teaching models
- A certified professional teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent specializing in EAL, ELL or similar
- Additional qualification or specialism such as a TEFL/IELTs/CELTA/Cambridge certification is an advantage
- Ability to build strong relationships with students and colleagues
- Familiar with PLC model (collaborative)
- Ability to write IEPs, assess student progress, and set appropriate goals for students with IEPs
If you are excited by this opportunity and are keen to apply please ensure to mention in your cover letter if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject/year groups they are qualified to teach.