We are looking for an outstanding High School Arabic A Teacher for native speakers to join our team at GEMS Dubai American Academy from August 2022 (2022-23 academic year). Arabic Teacher will ensure that each student achieves academic success within the subject of Arabic Language and Literature, develops a lifelong love of learning and becomes a responsible citizen in a global community.
1) To display evidence of superior preparation for classroom instruction:
- Uses appropriate examples and illustrations to motivate ALL students;
- Creates and utilizes appropriate materials for instructional purposes;
- Assesses and adjusts the classroom environment to provide for a variety of learning styles;
- Provides a variety of information which enriches the curriculum;
- Draws from a variety of instructional resources to enhance lessons, instruction and content based on DAA standards;
- Shows written evidence of preparation upon request.
2) To display competence and confidence in using media and technology:
- Effectively uses computer instruction for both self and students in order to integrate and enhance classroom lessons;
- Seeks ongoing instructional technology staff development opportunities.
3) Skillful in keeping students on the learning task;
4) Adaptive, flexible and creative in situations that are caused by a variety of individual student needs;
5) Returns assessment results promptly, gives written comments and provides group and individual feedback on all assignments;
6) Provides specific evaluative feedback with reinforcement and encouragement.
Qualifications / knowledge required:
1. University degree or equivalent in Arabic Language or Literature with teaching emphasis or completion of teacher preparation program.
2. Professional teacher certification.
3. Ability to teach Arabic A (native speakers).
4. Teaching experience in High School Grades 9-12 - Common Core and IBDP.
5. Knowledge in the use of Digital tools in schools to aid teaching and learning.
1. Skilled teacher with solid commitment to teaching and learning and strong subject knowledge in relevant area.
2. Excellent communication skills able to build relationships with students and colleagues and contribute to wider school life.
3. Professional commitment to becoming an exceptional teacher.
At least three years' teaching experience in High School (Grades 9-12).