We are looking for an outstanding Secondary Maths Teacher to join our team for September 2022.
Applicants will be fully qualified teachers with exceptional subject knowledge and experience.
Academic and Pastoral Responsibilities:
• Delivering effective child-centred lessons in a well-planned, vibrant learning environment
• Supporting and liaising closely with middle leaders, SENCO, administrators and other teachers
• Work directly with other teachers to improve and develop skills, knowledge and pedagogy so that student outcomes are improved.
• Effective contribution to team planning
• Work directly with Section/Key Stage Leaders and Heads of Department to support the improvement of academic standards in every section of the school
• Contribute to the Quality Assurance programme for parent engagement to ensure outstanding standards in parent communication and engagement
• Be familiar with the UAE framework for teaching to ensure a minimum standard of “good” teaching in all lessons
• Use and welcome mentoring/coaching methods to develop reflective practice and encourage the use of new learning strategies
• Conduct supportive peer lesson observations and help to set up actions plans as required
• Play an active role in the teaching, learning and assessment quality assurance process as appropriate and when required
• Attend internal and external events, take part in peer reviews, and be proactive in developing own continuous professional development
• Identify areas of good practice and develop and share resources as exemplars
• Develop, promote and involve teaching staff in creative initiatives to share good practice
• Ensure that observation outcomes inform appraisal action plans
• Monitor and drive improvements in the quality of written (marking) and verbal feedback to learners
• Ensure that the curriculum is supported and underpinned by effective schemes of work and well-differentiated planning of lessons
• Ensure that all documentation supporting teaching, learning and assessment (schemes of work, lesson plans etc.) meets the standards laid down by GEMS and WSR.
The successful applicant will have the following:
• A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
• A specific qualification relating to the teaching of Mathematics (bachelor degree)
• The desire to provide Outstanding teaching and learning
• Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
• At least 2 years of post-qualifying experience
Bachelor of Science (Maths) + Master of Science (Maths) + Bachelor of Education. (Distance or open university degrees are not accepted)
A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
An excellent team player both within the department and across phases
Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
Good command of English