The Senior Manager of Accounting will be responsible for accounting activities to ensure compliance with IFRS, corporate policies, and external audits. She/he will manage the accounts payable function, payroll function, monthly closing of accounts, and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements.
She/he will report to and work closely with the VP of Financial Reporting and others in the organization in the analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in the development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
The successful candidate needs to have a solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results.;
- Manage the monthly financial close process for all the Business Units in scope, ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing unusual transactions and journal entries, account balance reconciliations, and report preparation
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Participate in strategic financial projects including upgrades of ERP software and systems integration
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies and bring enhancement to existing practices to mitigate operational risks
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful and timely audit results and compliance
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce a timely, efficient, and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting
- Responsible for hierarchy and scalability in the chart of accounts and accuracy in the general ledger and financial statements and has ultimate authority over classification and booking of all transactions
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and study regulations and guidance to ensure the correct application of IFRS
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establish the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns
- Work with Tax and Treasury Manager to ensure overall coordination of all financial accounting activities
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Chartered Accountant / Certified Public Accountant / ACCA
- IFRS, Audit, Accounting, Consolidation, and Reporting skills
- UAE Regulatory and Reporting Requirements
- Internal controls and risk assessment
- ERP & Business Intelligence Software Using Skills
- Minimum of 10 years in accounting, reporting, and consolidation function including experience at a Big 4 Audit Firm.