The role of the HSE Manager is to provide expert health and safety advice and support to the business in order to facilitate a safe environment within all Services entities. The role also supports the Head of HSE by managing and monitoring data, documentation, administration, and following up with school operations on compliance.
- Provide support and guidance to each Services Managing Directors and Services HSE resources on health and safety matters. This essentially means working as a champion for health and safety in order to raise the profile and standards of health and safety across all our services business.
- Work closely with the Services MD in order to facilitate effective health and safety within all Services.
- Monitor incidents using the TMRW Guard reporting system and consolidate incident statistics in order to present to the Head of HSE and other key stakeholders.
- Manage and monitor findings from all workplace inspections and H&S audits. This includes ensuring that action points are addressed within a timely manner and that ongoing issues are addressed to the Head of HSE.
- Develop and deliver specific health and safety-related training sessions to Services staff and other staff as required. To facilitate the health & safety professional development of services HSE resources.
- Provide administration support within the health and safety department, this includes raising and managing purchase orders and approvals via the DAX system. Other additional administration tasks may be delegated by the Head of HSE.
- Monitor Health & safety compliance via regular visits and attendance of health and safety committee meetings. The suggested KPI is 1 x monthly visits per month and 1 x attendance of a safety committee meeting per month.
- Support the development and implementation of risk assessments within services.
- Monitor the delivery of all health and safety-related policies and procedures to the services, through effective document control procedures. Ensure all obsolete documents are removed from circulation. This includes managing the TMRW Guard document library.
- Monitor HSE compliance throughout the services in the form of annual HSE audits. Develop management reports based upon the findings and monitor/support open non-conformities.
- Support the development of HSE policies and procedures and review existing policies and procedures
- Conduct HSE accident investigations and develop accident investigation reports for senior management. Support the implementation of corrective and preventative measures.
Expected Qualifications & Experience: