Wesgreen International School is looking for an experienced and highly committed Librarian to support the continued evolution of our students' independent learning skills by facilitating access to appropriate print and online content.
This is an administrative position reporting to the Director of Digital and Innovative Learning and entails the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist students to find books appropriate to their reading level and interest and help students and staff source topic-related books for study.
- Responsible for arrangements for students to borrow library books, keeping records of books borrowed, following up on unreturned books etc.
- Develop reading lists for various age levels.
- Teach younger students about books, their treatment and the library layout including the Dewey Decimal classification system.
- Liaise with Heads of Department to select and prepare annual library order including selection and renewal of subscriptions for periodicals. Place orders and process delivery of new books.
- In collaboration with the Cultural Compliance Committee, ensure that library resources are appropriate for their target audience.
- Computer cataloguing of all books using the Dewey Decimal system if applicable and produce catalogues of books held.
- Responsible for the storage, maintenance and access to the audio-visual library.
- Maintain, update and make available examination material (past papers, syllabi etc.) and college and careers material.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the library ensuring it is comfortable, well lit, attractive, organised, clearly signposted etc.
We welcome applicants with a minimum of 1 year's experience as a Librarian in a school setting and a Bachelors in Librarianship or Library Science or similar. Our ideal candidate will have the above and be a committed and creative individual with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, and be able to work effectively with students and staff.