GEMS World Academy-Dubai develops inquiring, reflective and caring learners who, through the rigor of the IB programmes have the knowledge, skills and character to take action and create a better, more peaceful world. Supported by highly qualified staff in world-class facilities, our diverse international community is encouraged to develop intercultural understanding and respect. Our aim is to be a world-class IB school that maximises every student’s learning and character to enable them to choose their own successful path, and positively contribute to the local and global society.
Our Student Support Services department has transformed student outcomes and succeeded in inspiring a love of learning at GEMS World Academy, through the dedication of staff, their exceptional subject knowledge, and the department’s forward-thinking approach to data and the curriculum. The Student Support Services department is highly regarded among our student body for the care and personal support offered to students. We are now looking for an innovative IB Programme Learning Support Specialist Teacher to join this successful team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive Learning Support experience at a premium school and have successful, varied and proven track record. Genuine alignment with the philosophy of the IB and the values embodied in the Learner Profile are essential, as is a passion for working in our truly diverse community.
- SEN focused student learning support through various stages of the IB Programme up to Grade 10
- Key supporter of the Teacher/ Lead Practitioner in promoting the learning and personal development of all students at school
- Planning and delivery of support during lessons
- Recording and reporting progress, areas of concern and achievements about supported students with relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- Work closely with various Learning Support teams across the school to promote GWA's principals and continuously improve its SEN standards
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification specializing in Special Education
- At least 2 years’ demonstrable experience teaching/supporting varying student education needs with diverse backgrounds, ideally within an IB curriculum school, however this is not mandatory
- History of successful partnering with Admin (SLT) and other relevant stake holders
- Knowledge of advisory or character programmes
- Resilient and agile decision making skills to ensure successful design and implementation of programs that meet school and student body requirements to help students achieve success in all aspects of their life
- Superior interpersonal skills that reflect patience, tolerance, sensitivity, empathy and enthusiasm for working with students, parents and school staff in a multicultural and international setting
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
If you are keen to apply and meet minimum requirements please clarify in your Cover Letter if a teaching/school support partner will accompany you and briefly describe their qualification(s) and experience.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced check.