GEMS World Academy-Dubai develops inquiring, reflective and caring learners who, through the rigor of the IB programmes have the knowledge, skills and character to take action and create a better, more peaceful world. Supported by highly qualified staff in world-class facilities, our diverse international community is encouraged to develop intercultural understanding and respect. Our aim is to be a world-class IB school that maximises every student’s learning and character to enable them to choose their own successful path, and positively contribute to the local and global society.
Our Inclusion department has transformed student outcomes and succeeded in inspiring a love of learning at GEMS World Academy, through the dedication of staff, their exceptional subject knowledge, and the department’s forward-thinking approach to data and the curriculum. The department is highly regarded among our student body for the care and personal support offered to students. We are now looking for an innovative Director of Inclusion to lead this successful team.
The key purpose of the Director of Inclusion is to work with the Assistant Principals supporting the operational leadership of the academy by providing effective management for standards of achievement of all students within the curriculum area group or key stage. With the Assistant Principals, the post-holder will (i) assist with policy and make a significant contribution to the overall planning and development for maximum student success (ii) realize the ethos of an IB learning organization with high expectations of students and staff, and a positive approach to internationalism, entrepreneurialism and innovation;
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of the IB Middle Years and Diploma Programmes and a proven track record of successful and varied teaching. Genuine alignment with the philosophy of the IB and the values embodied in the Learner Profile are essential, as is a passion for working in our truly diverse community. In addition, we seek a candidate with the following requirements:
- A certified professional teaching qualification at degree level, such as B. Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent with a specialism in Learning Support at whole school level (Pre-K - Gr12)
- A minimum of 4-6 years of varied and demonstrable teaching experience across both MYP and DP within an IB curriculum school
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar supervisory/leadership role with teaching and learning, team management responsibilities
- The experience, personality and educational philosophy to continue to drive the education agenda at this flagship GEMS World school with an international student body
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Have the aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career.
- Be an expert in develop inquiring, reflective and caring learners who, through the rigour of the IB programmes, have the knowledge, skills and character to take action and create a better, more peaceful world
- Model and encourage a culture of kindness in support of the GEMS/GWA core values and uphold the mission and ethos of the Academy as a non-selective, international and academically successful school through the lens of the International Baccalaureate Organisation
If you are excited by this opportunity and are keen to apply please ensure to mention in your cover letter if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject/year groups they are qualified to teach.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced check.