We are looking for an outstanding Head of Elementary to join our existing team from August 2023.
The Head of Elementary is the educational leader for both Elementary/Primary school (Grades 1-5).
The candidate will need to effectively develop positive relationships with staff, students, and parents while maintaining a high level of accountability.
Significant time and effort will focus on implementing appropriate aspects of the school improvement plan.
The Head of Elementary will need to actively promote new and innovative instructional practices including effective use of technology as a tool for instruction and communication.
Reports directly to the Head of School. The Head of Elementary will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
The Head of Elementary will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Recruiting and retaining best fit staff members
- Providing leadership and training for coordinators and department heads
- Supervising the evaluation of Elementary staff members
- Developing professional development opportunities
- Participating in the admissions process
- Supporting staff and student well-being through curricular and extra-curricular programs
- Assisting with all aspects of accreditation processes
- Degree certification in addition to a certified teaching qualification, such as a valid US Teaching/leadership license or equivalent
- Master’s in education
- Previous experience as Head of Elementary
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience
- 3+ years leadership experience
- International school experience, within the IB is a plus
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the PYP
Application and Interview:
- A letter of application, no longer than one page, explaining why you are interested in
this leadership position
- A current resume
CV and Cover letter to be in by Monday, December 5th, 2022 (candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible, as we reserve the right to appoint the right person prior to the closing date).
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. all appointments are conditional on:
- Acceptable police checks (or equivalent) from the country of origin and from all counties in which you have worked
- Appropriate references from your current and two previous employers, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each