We have an exciting new role available for a Head of Prep (Active) School to join GEMS Metropole School, Dubai. We are looking for an outstanding, innovative, and energetic leader to join the team. The successful candidate will join in August 2023 and play a key role in the Senior Leadership Team, supporting the Secondary Headteacher in driving the Prep School forward; strategically, creatively and operationally.
The Active School promotes students being active, both in school and the community through volunteering opportunities and project work, as well as strong school-based sports provision. Students are active with their voice and actions, making positive change for the future. The Active School encourages students to embrace experiences beyond the classroom, where movement is incorporated throughout the day. School trips and extra-curricular opportunities allow students to form new friendships and explore new worlds. The school offers a variety of sports and performing arts to build students’ confidence and teamwork. The Active School provides a stimulating and purposeful extra-curricular programme, which encourages students to expand their skillset and develop new talents. Students aspire to perform, be it on the field or on the stage. Students are awarded scholarships to show recognition for their flair, performance, and ambition.
The successful candidate will be outward-looking and forward-thinking with a clear passion for education; helping students prepare for the future whilst maintaining the core skills necessary to do so. They will be committed to raising standards across the Prep School.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
• Passionate about education and the development and welfare of all members of the School – students, staff, peers and themselves personally.
• A creative, effective and dynamic leader with a proven record of accomplishment in school improvement, embracing accountability and building relationships through coaching and mentoring.
• Visible to all stakeholders, leading by example; possessing real gravitas and presence within a school community.
• Rigorous in promoting excellence, responsibility and commitment to high standards of care ensuring opportunities for all.
• Able to demonstrate successful experience and expertise in leading and managing staff, promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of the National Curriculum for England.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a proven track record of raising standards for learners of all abilities.
• Have effective organisational, leadership, managerial and interpersonal skills.
• Be able to promote new initiatives and positive relationships throughout the school community.
• Be able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
Working with GEMS Education offers you a unique opportunity for career progressions and enhance your experience in a global setting. Whether this is your first role in international education or the latest in your successful career overseas, GEMS provides you with the unparalleled chance to be part of the world’s largest private school operator.