We have an exciting new role available for a Head of Senior (Futures) School to join GEMS Metropole School, Dubai. We are looking for an outstanding, innovative leader to join the team. The successful candidate will join in August 2023 and play a key role in the Senior Leadership Team, supporting the Secondary Headteacher in driving the Senior School forward; strategically, creatively and operationally.
The Futures School vision is focused on enabling students to prepare for their future lives, encouraging self-sufficiency and confidence to work successfully within society. Students continue to strive for higher qualifications through tailored academic pathways and have the opportunity to learn new vocational and life skills. Work experience plays an important part of the Futures School, allowing students to put existing skills into practice and develop new ones. With established university links, students have the chance to embrace progression opportunities, further enhanced through a strong alumni network. Students feel equipped for the demands of real life and leave the school in a position to stand-out from those of other schools as exceptional, well-prepared, and eager for the next step.
The successful candidate will be outward-looking and forward-thinking with a clear passion for education; helping students prepare for the future whilst maintaining the core skills necessary to do so. They will be committed to raising standards across the Futures School, with the aim to make Metropole School one of the highest academically performing schools in Dubai, at both GCSE and A-Level/BTEC standard.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
• Passionate about education and the development and welfare of all members of the School – students, staff, peers and themselves personally.
• A creative, effective and dynamic leader with a proven record of accomplishment in school improvement, embracing accountability and building relationships through coaching and mentoring.
• Visible to all stakeholders, leading by example; possessing real gravitas and presence within a school community.
• Rigorous in promoting excellence, responsibility and commitment to high standards of care ensuring opportunities for all.
• Able to demonstrate successful experience and expertise in leading and managing staff, promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of the National Curriculum for England.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a proven track record of raising standards for learners of all abilities.
• Have effective organisational, leadership, managerial and interpersonal skills.
• Be able to promote new initiatives and positive relationships throughout the school community.
• Be able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
Working with GEMS Education offers you a unique opportunity for career progressions and enhance your experience in a global setting. Whether this is your first role in international education or the latest in your successful career overseas, GEMS provides you with the unparalleled chance to be part of the world’s largest private school operator.