We are looking for an outstanding and motivated candidate to join Dubai American Academy in the capacity of HR Assistant with immediate effect.
As HR Assistant, you will manage the day-to-day administrative tasks of the Human Resources school office. To work directly for the benefit, service, and facilitation of faculty and staff welfare, and creating a friendly environment.
- Models and encourages a culture of kindness in support of the core values.
- Manages HR responsibilities in compliance with policies, procedures and systems.
- Maintains utmost confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Creates an employee file (hard copy and electronic files) for all new hires following the standard guidelines set by GEMS.
- Maintains all employee files to a high standard (current and archived). Ensure all files are organised and contain all relevant information, and ensure documents are up-to-date at all times.
- File documents in respective staff files.
- Administers the Leave of Absence request forms and ensures accurate data entry of attendance in PHOENIX/attendance reporting system.
- Administers, monitors and explains insurance benefits to employees, serves as liaison between employees and insurance carriers. Supports employees with insurance related and medical issues.
- Assists PRO with issuing visas and labour cards details.
- Submits and processes KHDA approvals for relevant employees as part of the compliance process.
- Produces HR letters, NOCs, salary certificates and salary transfer letters in English and Arabic (in coordination with GRE) as required on a timely basis.
- Ensures compliance with all HR systems to maintain employee records.
- Supports ERP project team with input on HR systems, policies and requirements where required.
- Tracks approval process in for all processes wherever other department’s signatures are required.
- Runs reports from DAX as required by the HR Manager or other areas of the business.
- Drafts routine correspondence, letters and memos for approval from Line Manager.
- Assists and prepares statistical summaries and reports for school management.
- Maintains staff leave records e.g. annual, medical, holiday and personal leave days for payroll.
- Deals with staff issues and trying to resolve them in timely and professional manner.
- Attends HR related meetings and all staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned by the HR Manager and Superintendent/CEO.
Recruitment and onboarding:
- Prepares all documentation required by the HR Manager and Superintendent/CEO during recruitment processes.
- Prepares the documents required for onboarding, including visa and labour card processing requirements.
- Processes new hire forms including bank account forms, medical insurance, business card and access card requests.
- Prepares the welcome pack for all new hires and liaise with the IT Department to prepare the access cards and laptop/desktop.
- High School certificate (minimum), College Degree preferred.
- HR related qualification is desirable (e.g. CIPD).
- A minimum of 1 – 3 years’ experience working within Human Resources.
- Knowledge in general HR office procedures, policies and methods.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment is a plus.
- Experienced in using MS Office and HR Systems.
Job-Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Solid communication skills and attention to detail.
- Able to multi task and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.
- Advance MS Excel skills is a must.