We are looking for an outstanding, organized and motivated candidate to join Gems American Academy, Abu Dhabi in the capacity of Personal Assistant to Head of School.
Facilitate and coordinate all secretarial and administrative functions to ensure the smooth running of the office of the Principal/Head of School. Act as an ambassador to the school and perform in an efficient, professional, and confidential manner all job duties.
Responsible for managing all secretarial functions of the office of Supervisor/Principal/Head of School.
- Maintain high quality communication from and within the Principal’s office. Liaise with tact and diplomacy with school staff, parents and representative of the GEMS Corporate Office.
- Liaise with all school secretaries regarding students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Support the finance division by following and chasing overdue tuition fees payment.
- Daily update of staff attendances on Phoenix system.
- Manage Principal’s appointment calendar as well as all his/her professional communication and public relations needs.
- Assist in the organizing of school events and facilitates the use of effective strategies for ascertaining and gaining publicity for all noteworthy events in order to promote the school positively.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where certain tasks require additional commitment and willingness to step in on issues and matters that require closure.
- Coordinate personnel needs regarding contract writing, attendance and reporting, employee files, annual reports, annual budgets preparation reports and other school reports as needed.
- Provide high quality reception and hospitality for the Principal’s visitors and those seeking to communicate with Principal.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Attends staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Performs other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors.
Skills / experience:
- Arabic (writing and speaking) language
- Excellent organizational and office management skills; ability to multi-task and delegate assignments in a timely manner.
- Effective interpersonal skills to aid in the daily contact with a diverse multi-cultural population
- Demonstrate competence in computer technical skills using Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and other related programs/software for educational and business office use
- Three (3) years’ experience as Secretary in an office or school environment.