GEMS Modern Academy, Kochi's first authorized Cambridge / IB PYP school has been thoughtfully constructed to provide a learning environment that’s filled with opportunities to discover, explore and have fun.
As the school continues to grow, we are looking for an outstanding special educator with RCI – CRR to join our Sparkles team.
To work with students, teachers, specialists, administrators, and parents to increase the potential of each individual through inclusive and integrated learning.
Successful applicants will have the following:
- B.Ed Special Education / B.Sc Rehabilitation Science / B.Ed Learning Disability / Certified LD Instructor / Certified Autism Specialist / M.Rsc –Masters in Rehabilitation Science.
- RCI – CRR is a mandatory requirement.
- Ability to connect with children and teachers for respective intellectual/emotional requirement
- Display compassion for children with different requirements
- Maintain confidentiality of reports, sessions and students’ information
- Should be able to create innovative learning material for specific needs
- Must have knowledge of basic learning assessments and its metrics and statistics tracking
- Know the different assessment centers and legalities involved with PWD
- Must have 1-4 years of experience working with children between the ages 2-16
- Should have worked in a school/learning institution for at least 6months
- Observe and Assess students’ needs
- Liaise with respective teachers and collate all necessary data required for reference
- Coordinate with parents to communicate needs and support
- Provide necessary therapy/learning sessions
- Follow-up on assessments and maintain progress track
- Document reports based on daily activities
- Manage extra-curricular activities required for either virtual and/ or individual and group face-to-face sessions
- Engage with regular classroom sessions to build familiarity amidst students and teachers