We are looking to appoint experienced Education Supervisors – Kindergarten & Middle School to join our team. This leadership role will support the section and strives to implement international best practices in teaching pedagogy and student learning outcomes.
The Responsibilities of an Educational Supervisor are to:
Pastoral Care of Students:
- Maintain a safe and nourishing learning environment for students within the scope of GEMS Education’s and TMS’ policies and procedures so that every student will flourish.
- Monitor student progress, both academic and social-emotional and provide necessary support and interventions.
- Prepare reports on student attendance and performance.
- Ensure students adhere to School behaviour protocols.
Parental Engagement and Communication:
- Communicate regularly with parents on student progress, both academic and social-emotional.
- Organize parent engagement programmes, including Open-Houses.
- Interact on a need basis to address day-to-day concerns raised by the parent community.
- Provide parents with updates on activities that have been conducted in School.
- Take feedback from parents and report them to the School SLT if further action required.
Teacher Wellbeing and Performance
- Maintain a psychological safe environment for educators to deliver, on the TMS’ educational promise
- Lead and manage the section to ensure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of achievement for pupils.
- Analyse pupil data to support educators in knowing their students.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning and provide support and guidance to educators where appropriate. Set priorities and targets for individual team members and maintaining their professional development plans.
- Responsible for identifying and bridging the professional needs of educators.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Attend staff meetings, PD and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by line manager and Principal.
This exciting opportunity requires the following key competencies and skills and these will be assessed during the recruitment process:
- Relational skills, empathy, respect
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Research and Quality Improvement
- Thinking proactively
- Strategic Thinking and Forward planning
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Influence educators and students
- Coaching, Leading and Developing educators
- Result Oriented
- Excellent IT skills
To be considered for this appointment: You will have the following skills and experience:
- At least five (5) years’ relevant teaching experience. Previous experience in the same role is an advantage.
- Experience of the CBSE Curriculum and CBSE related policies and procedures is preferred.
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom.
- An excellent team player both within the phase and across phases.
- Degree in the mainstream teaching subject / faculty in addition to a Graduate Degree in Education from a recognized university.
- Good command of English.