GEMS Royal Dubai school is vibrant Primary School (FS1 – Year 6) with 925 students from over 68 nationalities and accredited as a World-Class High Performance Learning School. In our exciting new structure, we are looking for a dynamic and passionate individual to become the school’s strategic lead for English. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic leader and an outstanding teacher, with significant previous experience, to lead English and teach across all subjects within our Primary Phase.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have proven success in driving standards and be committed to the pursuit of excellence for all.
To drive the development of English through innovative curriculum opportunities which enable an outstanding, holistic, and dynamic experience for our students and lead to exceptionally high outcomes.
Key Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Drive the review and development of the English curriculum based on internal and externally validated data and cohort needs, ensuring skills progression is rigorously mapped for all areas of the curriculum.
- Ensure the curriculum enables students to clearly demonstrate their reading, writing, spoken language and handwriting skills within the expected standard before building to greater depth.
- Continue to build upon the already successful Talk4Writing initiative to ensure students make rapid progress in English.
- Work in partnership with other leaders, contributing significantly to the MER documentation for each year group with a specific focus on outstanding English teaching, the quality of planning against the curriculum standard and the evidence of progress in books, in line with our HPL philosophy.
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it’s a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD programmes and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale. With most of our leaders coming from within the GEMS network of schools, GEMS teachers are in a unique position to consider career opportunities around the world as we continue our expansion around the world.
If you can bring a dynamic and innovative approach to our core curriculum team and are interested in applying for this position, please forward the following documents for the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org
- An up-to-date CV complete with responsibilities and experience to date.
- A letter of application with evidence of the impact you have had in your current role.
Shortlisting will begin on 10th March with ongoing interviews commencing from 20th March.
Candidates will be notified if they are shortlisted for interview. The interview process will involve a series of tasks and a competency-based interview specific to the job role.