This is an exciting time to be part of GEMS Wellington School – Qatar (WSQ). Due to the continued growth, success and ambitious nature of the school, we are delighted to be looking for a dynamic, hard-working and talented individual to join our School.
The Writing Curriculum Leader will produce, share and implement a clear vision for their subject. They will work with staff on increasing student progress and attainment. They will lead on curriculum development in collaboration with Class Teachers, Phase Leaders, Department leads and SLT.
Essential Leadership Qualities:
• Promote excellent teamwork and develop highly effective working relationships with all stakeholders
• Set an example of personal integrity and a highly professional attitude to work, assisting all staff to maintain positive attitudes and excellent team spirit.
• Create a climate which enables colleagues to develop and maintain positive attitudes towards the development of Talk for Writing and confidence in teaching it.
• To be positive, optimistic, intrinsically motivated and solution focused.
Learning and Teaching:
• Review, evaluate and monitor the standard of learning and teaching in writing and Talk for Writing
• Be accountable for the level of learning and teaching within writing, including strategies to improve the quality of teaching and learning and hence student progress and attainment
• Monitor and moderate writing assessments, modify curriculum where necessary, monitor student progress
• Use benchmark data to set writing targets, monitor student achievement and implement intervention strategies where required
• Ensure that learning support assistants and teaching assistants are effectively deployed across the English Curriculum
• Developing a writing curriculum suited for EAL students in the mainstream curriculum
Wellington School is one of the leading British curriculum schools in Qatar and part of the Premium GEMS Wellington brand. We firmly believe, as a truly inclusive school, that every child can achieve, reinforced by our commitment to the High-Performance Learning philosophy (HPL). As a community, we have very high expectations for all and strive for excellence in all we do.
As a GEMS employee you can be guaranteed of an excellent, well-resourced professional environment, including working alongside highly driven, committed colleagues and fabulously polite and dedicated students. You will have access to significant further professional development opportunities not only at school level but also as part of the wider GEMS Wellington cluster and GEMS network.
The post is to commence in August 2023.