We are recruiting for an outstanding Deputy Head of Secondary to join our successful team at GES Metropole School, Motor City from September 2023. The post holder will be responsible for supporting the schools Vision and Mission as well as all policies, academic standards and pastoral support in the Secondary school.
The successful applicant will deputise for the Head of Secondary as required and assist in shaping & implementing the educational strategy for the school.
Key responsibilities include supporting the Head of Secondary with :
- Embracing and encouraging the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Ensuring high academic standards in the Secondary school in relation to the schools own desire for all students to be the best they can as well as a commitment to the UAE National Agenda targets.
- Managing budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the Principal.
- Leading the Secondary team –including performance management.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
- An effective and dynamic leader with a proven track record in sustained school improvement that can be demonstrated through hard data.
- Rigorous in promoting excellence and developing commitment to high standards of care and opportunities for all.
- Able to demonstrate successful experience of leading and managing staff and promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning
- Experienced in developing teacher’s skills and competencies through a sustained school improvement model such as coaching.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of best practice pedagogy.
- Able to demonstrate a desire to be innovative and creative in the provision offered to our learners to ensure all can succeed.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to inclusion.
- Able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
The successful applicant will be:
- A fully certified teacher, holding a B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
- Passionate about providing outstanding teaching and learning
- Highly experienced in leading National Curriculum for England at KS3/KS4 andKS5
- Efficient in people development and have proven leadership and communication abilities
We know that when it comes to being a great place to work, it helps to make sure our people feel valued; GEMS prides itself on providing staff with the opportunity to grow and develop within the organisation. You will be able to access and contribute to our world class Professional Development and Leadership Programmes as well as work with our internationally recognized GEMS advisors who are leading experts in their field.