We are currently hiring an experienced Vice Principal. This appointment is for :
• To assist the Principal and the Senior Leadership Team of the school, in all aspects of school improvement, school evaluation, planning policies and procedures and taking full /shared responsibility for the school in the absence of the Principal.
• To be an integral part of a successful leadership team, building on synergies of expertise and experience.
• To promote the school to all stakeholders and the wider community.
• To take full responsibility for leading and managing significant aspects of the school, under the overall direction of the Principal.
• To further, improve standards in academic performance, care and well-being.
• To lead professional development to ensure high quality learning and teaching.
• To assist the Principal with the effective and efficient use of school management information systems and the financial management of school, admissions and enrolment.
This exciting opportunity requires the following key competencies and skills and these will be assessed during the internal recruitment process:
Strategic Thinking and Forward Planning
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Influence Middle Leaders and Teachers
Leading and Developing Others
Strong Time Management Skills
To be considered for this appointment: You will have
• A minimum experience of 5 years as Vice Principal/Headmistress/Head Master/ Senior School Supervisor or a section head.
• A minimum of 10 years in teaching experience which could be a combination covering the Primary, Middle, Senior and Senior Secondary sections.
• Familiarity with the CBSE curriculum along with inspection of schools by external bodies such as KHDA and the latest trends in educational thinking and pedagogy.
• Educational expertise and a proven track record of developing and sustaining very high standards within a caring learning environment.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate goals, empower collaboration, motivate staff, provide direction and set expectations.
• You should have demonstrated a successful track record of student achievement and attainment.
• Preference will be given if you have a Post Graduate Degree in the mainstream teaching subject / faculty in addition to a B.Ed degree in Education from a recognized university.