Roles & Responsibilities
1. Supports systematic planning and change within the school community by administering a comprehensive, continual, and multi-dimensional assessment program of student learning outcomes and evaluation of academic programs, collaborating with SLT, MLT and teachers to integrate assessment and evaluation efforts, and integrating assessment activities and results with accreditation processes.
2. Supports the school’s mission by collecting, organizing, and analyzing multiple internal and external data sources and disseminating the information among the school community and stakeholders.
3. Provides professional leadership of the assessment process by communicating the purposes of student outcomes assessment, assisting departments in the development and delineation of assessment plans, assisting in the selection of appropriate measures and methods for assessing student learning outcomes, and analyzing and communicating the results of assessments conducted.
4. Assists with, supports, and coordinates the reporting of assessment activities and the evaluation of majors and programs, supporting planning and budgeting decisions at the department, and school levels, and represents the school and its assessment and evaluation processes to external agencies.
5. In coordination with faculty, develops and supports the assessment plan in accordance with the school’s vision and improvement plan.
6. Ensures that accreditation requirements, including compliance with accrediting standards, are incorporated, among other institutional goals and objectives, into the planning and evaluation process of the school.
7. Development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
8. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, delivering training, and attending training and/or courses as required.
9. Contributes to the overall success of Student Development and school rating by performing all other duties as assigned by the SLT.
10. Contribute to the creation of regular internal reports that track various aspects of student, departments, and program performance. The Assessment Director will design, test, and generate reports that support decision making across campus.
11. Design, collect, extract, and manipulate data from the school’s administrative system. The Assessment Director will query against school and external information systems to develop requested data sets in support of internal and external reporting needs. The ideal candidate will be able to work with data from inception to analysis. This includes generating data from the planning stage, to designing and running queries, and then evaluating the data. In many cases, examination of data will require using statistical tools for inferential and predictive analyses.
12. Be aware of all authorities’ requirements and expectations and keep the school community informed of any updates in the requirements.