We are currently recruiting for a Director of Sixth Form to join our team from September 2023.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the purpose of this post will be to:
- To provide outstanding professional leadership in securing the School’s success, ensuring high-quality education for all its students and ever-improving standards of learning, achievement, behaviour and attitudes
- To lead the strategic direction of the School and be accountable for its operational effectiveness with particular reference to the development and improvement of the sixth form.
- To bring knowledge, expertise and high-order skills to the work of the School.
- To actively model and promote the values and ethos of the School and GEMS.
- To be accountable for the line management of middle leaders/managers.
- To actively support the efficient and effective running of the School and good order and welfare and safety of students and staff
- To promote a culture that demands excellence, equality and high expectations for all students
- To contribute to creating an evaluative climate in which all members of the School constantly review the quality of their work and identify the priorities that will lead to continuous improvement and raising standards
- To model the characteristics of outstanding leadership as detailed in the ‘Quality Standards for Senior Leadership Team’ document
- To represent the School at all major and public events, parents’ meetings and other School related activities
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 10 years experience in teaching
- Qualified/licensed teacher specializing in the relevant subject area.
- Up-to-date subject knowledge with proven success in raising student attainment.
- A proven track record of outstanding teaching and learning
- Willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
We know that when it comes to being a great place to work, it helps to make sure our people feel valued; GEMS prides itself on providing staff with the opportunity to grow and develop within the Organisation. You will be able to access and contribute to our world class Professional Development and Leadership Programmes as well as work with our internationally recognized GEMS advisors who are leading experts in their field.