• Promote and model the Code of Conduct and GEMS Core Values
• Undertake other professional duties as reasonably delegated by Line Manager (LM) such as teaching, recruitment, cover, after-school duty, ASP, MOE formalities, covering for LM when absent, inspection preparation, SEF, SDP, etc.
• Promote the school positively with the community and GEMS while maintaining complete confidentiality
• Respect local culture, customs, and laws
• Meet deadlines as requested by LM
• Contribute to the development of teaching and learning, focusing on pedagogy, standards, and progress
• Ensure academic excellence in internal and external assessments as appropriate.
• Contribute to the professional development program to ensure high-quality learning and teaching
• Promote the school to all stakeholders and the wider community.
• Follow, support, and help to develop all of the School’s aims, vision, improvement plans, policies, and practices.
The successful applicant will have the following:
• A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
• A specific qualification relating to the teaching of Science(Bachelor of Science - Chemistry/ Physics/ Biology)
• The desire to provide Outstanding teaching and learning
• Aspiration to work in a world-class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
• At least 2 years of post-qualifying experience