We are looking to appoint outstanding Design Technology teachers in September 2024
At GEMS Wellington Academy Al Khail, we want to ensure that our students aspire, create, and excel in this world that is, so they can help create the world that will be. We are seeking exceptional teachers to join our team who can help us achieve this goal through our three pillars of: the science of learning, social enterprise, and student agency and innovation.
As a cognitive science driven school, evidence-informed practice is at the heart of what we do, and we seek educators who can passionately articulate what outstanding learning and teaching looks like and translate this into practice in the classroom.
Successful candidates will be joining a fully inclusive, high performing school that is evidenced through:
GCSE and A-Level results far exceeding UK national averages
‘Very Good’ rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Bureau (DSIB)
‘Outstanding rating from British Schools Overseas (BSO)
Through our comprehensive professional learning programme, we ensure our teachers have access to quality development opportunities that not only help them develop as professionals but also contribute to our outstanding success. Steplab instructional coaching, Schools Students and Teachers Network (SSAT), the Best Practice Network (BPN) and Evidence Based Education (EBE) are just some of the partners we work with to ensure our teachers are comprehensively developed.
Successful candidates will need to:
- Embody and contribute to our three pillars
- Hold a BEd or Bachelors degree with PGCE / PGDE or equivalent
- Have a willingness to collaborate and share their outstanding practice
- Have a growth mindset, whereby they are reflective and solution focussed
- Be creative and enthusiastic in their approach to teaching
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to work closely with colleagues, students and parents
- Have a proven track record of providing outstanding learning & teaching
- Proven experience of teaching Design Technology at KS3
- Proven experience of teaching Product Design at KS4 and KS5
- Exam board training
- Have aspiration to work in a world-class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
- Be willing to make a positive contribution to our school community and culture through active engagement in our extra-curricular programme and community-based events.