We have an exciting new role available for a Head of Junior School to join GEMS Metropole School, Dubai.
We are looking for an outstanding, innovative leader to join the team. The successful candidate will join in January 2023 and play a key role on the Senior Leadership Team, supporting the Head Teacher Primary in driving the Junior School forward; strategically, creatively and operationally.
The Junior school vision is focused on traditional aspects and values, ensuring our students are confident speakers who are well mannered with strong etiquettes, and a sense of identity. You must have considerable experience in successfully nurturing pupils in a private school which focuses on strong values, good conduct and core skills. We are looking for a strong educationalist with an understanding of how to achieve excellence in teaching and learning and the gravitas to gain credibility with pupils, staff, Governors, and parents quickly. The successful candidate will also be outward-looking and forward-thinking with a clear passion for education; helping pupils prepare for the future whilst maintaining the core skills necessary to do so.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• To support Head Teacher Primary in embracing and encouraging the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the Schools Core Values.
• To support Head Teacher Primary in ensuring high academic standards in the Junior School in relation to the schools own desire for all students to be the best they can as well as a commitment to the UAE National Agenda targets.
• To support Head Teacher Primary in managing budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the Principal.
• To support Head Teacher Primary in leading the Junior School team – including performance management.
The Head of Junior School will provide visionary and inclusive leadership, and demonstrate exemplary management skills to further develop the Junior Schools ethos, including the provision of effective communication with all the school’s stakeholders, as well as ensuring the wellbeing and academic growth of all children.
To be considered for this role, candidates must be:
• Passionate about education and the development and welfare of all members of the School – students, staff, peers and themselves personally.
• Have experience in school senior leadership within the UK independent schools sector, possibly as part of an all-through school set-up.
• A creative, effective and dynamic leader with a proven record of accomplishment in school improvement, embracing accountability and building relationships through coaching and mentoring.
• Visible to all stakeholders, leading by example; possessing real gravitas and presence within a school community.
• Rigorous in promoting excellence, responsibility and commitment to high standards of care ensuring opportunities for all.
• Able to demonstrate successful experience and expertise in leading and managing staff, promoting and developing innovative approaches to learning.
• Able to demonstrate a comprehensive and confident knowledge of the National Curriculum for England.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a proven track record of raising standards for learners of all abilities.
• Have effective organisational, leadership, managerial and interpersonal skills.
• Be able to promote new initiatives and positive relationships throughout the school community.
• Be able to demonstrate genuine passion towards the wider co-curricular life of a school.
Working with GEMS Education offers you a unique opportunity for career progressions and enhance your experience in a global setting. Whether this is your first role in international education or the latest in your successful career overseas, GEMS provides you with the unparalleled chance to be part of the world’s largest private school operator.